When it comes to planning an event, you’ll need the right catering equipment to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. But with so many different types of equipment available and so many aspects to consider when planning an event, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are some tips for making sure you get the right catering equipment hire for your upcoming event.
Questions to Ask Yourselves for your Upcoming Event
What Type of Event are you Hosting/Catering?
One of the first things to consider when hiring catering equipment is the type of event you will be hosting. Are you catering a wedding, corporate event, birthday party, or another type of event? For example, if you are hosting a formal dinner party, you will need different equipment than if you are hosting a casual barbecue. Formal events will typically require tableware such as plates, glasses, and silverware, while casual events may not.
By starting with asking yourself this question you can start to form a basic plan and better direct your research and planning efforts going forward when planning the types of catering equipment you may need to hire.
How Many Guests will be Attending the Event?
Another thing to consider is the number of guests you will be inviting to your event. This is important because it will determine how much food and drink you will need to serve, as well as the size and number of tables and chairs you will need. If you are expecting a large number of guests, it may be necessary to hire additional staff to help with serving and clean-up.
Check out our Table Guide for additional guidance on how many tables you may need for your required number of guests.
Where Will The Event Be Hosted?
The venue for your event is also an important consideration when hiring catering equipment. This is because some venues may have their own equipment that you can use, or they may have restrictions on what types of equipment can be used. For example, many hotels have their own china and glassware that can be used for events held in their banquet rooms.
What Type of Menu Will You be Serving?
Another important consideration is the menu for your event. This is because certain foods require specific types of equipment to prepare and serve them. For example, if you are planning to serve a sit-down meal, you will need tables and chairs for your guests, as well as serving platters and utensils. If you are planning to serve buffet-style food, you will need buffet tables and serving utensils.
What is Your Budget?
Of course, one of the most important considerations when hiring catering equipment is your budget. Catering equipment can range in price from very inexpensive to quite expensive, so it is important to set a budget before beginning your search. Once you know how much money you have to spend, you can narrow down your options to only those that fall within your price range.
What Kind of Atmosphere Are You Trying to Create?
The atmosphere of your event should also be taken into consideration when choosing catering equipment. For example, if you are trying to create a formal atmosphere, hiring china and glassware would be more appropriate than plastic plates and cups. However, if you are trying to create a more casual atmosphere, plastic plates and cups may be more appropriate than china and glassware.
Will You Need Help With Set-up or Clean-up?
Another thing to consider is whether or not you need help with set-up or clean-up. If you do not have time to set up or clean up yourself, it may be worth hiring someone to do it for you. Additionally, the catering equipment hire company may offer set-up and clean-up as part of their catering equipment hire services.
Tips To Ensure You’re Prepared for Your Upcoming Event
- Research Different Equipment Available – Make sure you take the time to research different pieces of catering equipment available at rental companies and compare them on price, size and features. This will help you get the best deal and quality for your budget.
- Think About Logistics: Many rental companies offer delivery services when hiring catering equipment, however these will often cost extra. Also consider where exactly you need to place the items when they arrive onsite.
- Book Early: It’s important to book early since most catering equipment hire companies require a certain amount of notice ahead of time to avoid any unexpected price increases due to sudden demand or shortages in inventory.
- Safety Requirements: Make sure that any caterers and suppliers hired meet safety requirements (e.g., gas safety certificates and SafeHire Accreditation) which can help ensure a safe environment for guests and staff during an event.
- Insurance: if you are hiring professional catering equipment, it is important to make sure that the company has insurance in case something goes wrong during the event. This way, if something does happen, such as a piece of equipment breaking or getting lost, the company will be responsible for repairing or replacing it.
These tips should help ensure that your event runs smoothly!
Hiring Catering Equipment with Hospitality Hire
Hospitality Hire makes it easy to hire catering equipment for any event. With a wide range of quality products, from ovens and grills to crockery and linen, you can be sure you have everything you need for a successful event when hiring with Hospitality Hire. Our delivery and collection services are flexible and efficient, allowing you to focus on the other aspects of your event. You can be sure that every meal is served with excellent quality catering equipment when you choose Hospitality Hire.
If you have any questions or require further assistance our friendly and knowledgeable team are always on hand to help and answer any of your questions. Additionally, we have a range of helpful guides on our website that may prove useful to you when planning your upcoming event.